Our tiny kitchen in our cottage requires thoughtful use of space, so I thought I would create some shelving from some old drawers. I’ve had this idea ruminate in my mind for some time now and finally got around to doing it. It was heaps of fun and really easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Grab some old drawers, sander, primer paint, final colour of paint, brush and a few screws, a drill and my all time favourite tool….a stud finder. I love this tool so much I hide it in my bedside table so it doesn’t go missing… right underneath my Bible for extra protection, ha….not joking!!!
- Sand the drawers if required.
- Paint a primer first, then apply your paint colour. Some people use wallpaper instead.
- Line up on your wall where you want the drawers to go using your trusty stud finder to locate the wooden posts in the wall.
- Pre-drill the holes in the wall and the drawer, then screw the drawer to the wall.
- Load up with your favourite pieces… in my case some of my pottery pieces.