I am quite happy with my new Christmas decorations. For these I applied Japanese tissue paper with a clear glaze over the top.
Steps to make:
- Roll clay out into a thin slab
- Use any cookie shape that you like to press into the clay to create your shapes
- Let them dry out completely
- Gently sand the clay ornaments
- Cut out desired shape of Japanese tissue paper and face down on the clay
- Apply a damp sponge on top of the tissue paper
- After about 30 seconds gently peel off the backing paper
- First firing
- Apply clear glaze
- Second firing
Plain white ornaments with clear glaze only.