I love using left over clay to make Christmas decorations.
If you want to make these follow the steps below:
- Roll clay slab
- Using cookie cutters press into the clay to create your shapes
- Make holes in the decorations using a fat needle (i.e. you will later use to thread your string through)
- Let dry (you may need to put a tile or something on the top of your shapes and rotate so they do not go out of shape and dry evenly)
- Fire your decorations
- For the decorations below I then painted in acrylic paint and sprayed with a sealant (alternatively, you could glaze the decorations and then fire again)
- Thread through your ribbons/string etc along with anything else that takes your fancy.