Made these pots for the study. I love the glaze and Japanese tissue paper.
These were made by following the steps below.
- roll slab of clay
- cut out rectangle shape
- wrap clay around a cylinder (that has newpaper wrapped around it)
- join clay > add to base
- take cylinder out and then take out the newspaper
- put coil on the inside at the bottom to reinforce the base > ensure joins are solid and smooth
- shape the pot into desired shape > let dry
- 1st firing
- apply 3 coats of glaze (Mayco, S-2200 Marshmallow White)
- cut out pieces of Japanese Tissue Paper > moisten the pot on where you want to put the tissue paper
- apply tissue paper face down on the pot and smooth with a damp cloth
- carefully pull back the ‘backing’ of the tissue paper (they are like kids tattoo’s)
- 2nd firing